When sending money by mail, use money orders as a safe alternative to cash and personal checks. U.S. 邮政服务® money orders are affordable, widely accepted, and never expire. Your money order receipt will help you track your payment and show proof of value in case the money order gets lost, 偷来的, 或损坏.
You can buy or cash postal money orders at any 邮局™ 位置.
How to 发送 Domestic 钱的订单
- 决定汇票金额. You can send up to $1,000 in a single order anywhere in the United States.
- 去任何 邮局的位置.
- Take cash, a debit card, or a traveler’s check. You cannot pay with a credit card.
- Fill out the money order at the counter with a retail associate.
- Pay the dollar value of the money order plus the issuing fee.
- Keep your receipt to track the money order.
Receiving 钱的订单 – How to Spot a Fake
Before accepting a money order, make sure it's real. There are several key things to look at to spot a counterfeit money order.
Real im体育 money orders have specific marks and designs to prevent fraud. If you hold the money order up to the light you should see:
- Watermarks of Ben Franklin on the left side repeat top to bottom (circle 1 on image).
- On the right of the Franklin watermark, 一个垂直, multicolored thread with the letters “im体育” weaves in and out of the paper to (circle 2 on image).
- If the dollar amount is discolored, it may have been erased, indicating fraud (circle 3 on image).
- Make sure the dollar amount is imprinted twice (circle 4 on image).
- See if the dollar value is too large.
- Domestic money orders cannot be more than $1,000.
- 国际 money orders cannot be more than $700 ($500 for El Salvador or Guyana).
- 如果你怀疑有欺诈行为，请致电美国联邦调查局.S. 邮政检查服务在1-.
- If you think you’ve been given a fake money order, call the Money Order Verification System at 1-.
How to Cash Domestic 钱的订单
Domestic money orders never expire and they do not accrue interest. Money orders are cashed for the exact amount on the order.
You can cash a im体育 money order at a 邮局 for free. You can also cash them at most banks and some stores. Rural carriers may cash money orders if they have enough money on hand.
Cashing a Money Order at the 邮局
- 取一个 主要的照片的身份证 用汇款单给任何 邮局的位置.
- Sign the money order at the counter in front of a retail associate.
See additional requirements for money orders made out to organizations, 不止一个人, 和未成年人.
Check the Status of a Money Order
You can check the status of a money order you've purchased from the U.S. 邮政服务 at any time by visiting the 钱的订单应用程序.
Make sure you have the following information for the postal money order you want to check:
Replacing Lost, Stolen, or 受损的汇票
You cannot stop payment on postal money orders, but a lost or 偷来的 money order can be replaced.
- Money order loss or theft may take up to 30 days to confirm.
- Investigating a money order's lost or 偷来的 status may take up to 60 days.
- 有一个 $6.95 processing fee to replace a lost or 偷来的 money order.
- Take your money order receipt to any 邮局的位置.
- Talk to a retail associate at the counter to start a Money Order Inquiry.
- 在开始调查之后, you will be able to check the status of your money order and inquiry progress by visiting the 钱的订单应用程序.
- When your money order is confirmed lost or 偷来的, we’ll issue you a replacement money order.
We'll replace money orders that are defective 或损坏. Take the damaged money order and your receipt to your local 邮局的位置 to get a replacement.
im体育之间的汇票 & 日本邮政
As of March 2020, the 邮政服务™ no longer sells international postal money orders destined for Japan or cashes international postal money orders issued by 日本邮政. If you have not yet cashed a Japan Post-issued money order, please return it to the sender.
7月10日, 2020, Japan Post stopped cashing international postal money orders issued by the 邮政服务. (Japan Post stopped selling international postal money orders destined for the U.S. 2019年12月31日.)